Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Man do I wish I was further along in law school. Then I could be this guy's attorney. If this isn't a juicy Con Law case, I don't know what is. But then, since Con Law isn't until next spring, I could be wrong.....

I don't know about you, but I'm wondering how many people protested today because they actually believed that we should not go to war against Iraq, and how many viewed it as a good excuse to blow off class.

This story is interesting. On the one hand, it's disturbing, because children and women could be endangered. On the other hand, how many people check the sex criminal registry to see if one lives by them. True story - an aquaintance of mine was arrested for molesting a 13-year-old boy. He pled guilty, and got probation. No one who knew him knew - only his ex-wife knew. So how did we find out? A bartender ex of his spilled the beans. And like a match to gasoline, it flew around to everyone (courtesy of my roommate, who couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it). Never heard from the guy again. But then, given the way he acted toward us the last time we saw him, I'm not saddened.

Tonight was the curriculum planning seminar. It was interesting, to say the least. And it's given me more reason to consider the switch to full-time. But that's a big change.....so I'll have to toss it around for a bit.

No comments: