Tuesday, March 04, 2003

What is it about bad weather that changes people's driving habits? Drop three consecutive snowflakes, and all hell breaks loose.

First you get those who insist on driving 70, even if there are eight inches of snow on the ground. At the other end of the spectrum are those who suddenly have to drive 5 miles an hour. These two types DO NOT mix, so the drive home tonight, through heavy snow, was quite interesting. Amazingly, I only passed two accidents, both one-car. Almost saw one, but the fishtailing Caprice was able to get traction and save the car. His lesson learned, he then proceeded to.........speed up.

It feels good to turn in the Research Memo. I feel like I have one huge burden off my back. But another looms - the Contracts mid-term. I have forty-eight hours to catch up. I don't think it's going to happen. Life goes on.

Tomorrow is the big day - the curriculum planning seminar. I'm hoping it'll help me decide if I should switch to full-time or hang in there as part-time.

On the plus side, today was Mardi Gras. But to those of us who are of Polish decent (I'm half Polish), it's even better - it's Paczki day! It's pronounced 'pone-chkey", though you'll be forgiven if you say it 'poonch-key'. Either way, it's a once-a-year treat, and I have three sitting in my fridge - one each of strawberry (yum), prune (yum) and poppyseed (double yum). My other Polish co-worker, Tom brought in a dozen or so, which raised everyone's spirits, and reminded me of the reception my father got at Electro-Motive when he came in with the Paczki.

So to all my Polish friends - happy Paczki day! And Megan promised Soda Bread in Legal Writing in two weeks, so that's something to look forward to.....

No comments: